Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Chinese scientits claim new bird flu drug better than Tamiflu

BEIJING
AFP

Dec 27, 2005

Chinese scientists say they have created a drug to treat humans infected with bird flu that is superior to the existing and widely stockpiled drug Tamiflu, state media said Tuesday.

Like Tamiflu, which is made by Swiss pharmaceutical group Roche, the new medicine is a neuraminidase inhibitor that prevents the virus from spreading to other cells, but costs about a third of the price, China Daily said.


LINK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Mike Conlin and i would like to show you my personal experience with Tamiflu.

I am 26 years old. Have been on Tamiflu for 5 days now. This stuff ROCKS. I was running a 104 Fever ... felt like I was doing to die, was snapping at everyone, etc. I got home and took my first dose along with a dose of Robotussin for my cough. I woke up 3 hours later and my fever dropped from 103.7 to 99.3. It fluctuated a little after that but remained under 100. Body Aches were gone. I was sweating like a mad man but that was probably the fever breaking.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mild nausea .. almost puked on first dose. Also had mental fog going on. Concentration was difficult but my doctor forwarned me it makes you 'loopy'.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Mike Conlin

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home